Curing Learning-Related Vision Problems with Dr. Vicky Vandervort
“Please help get the word out about Optometric Vision Therapy and help get the children and adults the help they need and deserve.” – Dr. Vicky
Developmental Vision Therapy, a type of therapy for the eyes and brain, is a highly effective non-surgical treatment for many of the common visual complaints previously listed. Many patients who have been told “you’ll have to learn to live with it” or “it’s too late,” have benefited from vision therapy. Developmental Vision Therapy retrains the brain to more efficiently and more competently use the two eyes together.
Vision Therapy should not be confused with any self-directed or computerized program of eye exercises that is marketed to the public.
Our Vision Therapy program incorporates many types of specialized treatment and/or medical equipment such as:
- Prescription lenses
- Therapeutic lenses
- Optical filters
- Eye patches or occluders
- Electronic targets with timing mechanisms
- Computer software
- Vestibular (balance) equipment
Many children and adults who have visual complaints are told by their eye doctors, “Your eyes are healthy, you have 20/20 vision and there is nothing wrong”, yet they still struggle visually. Are you or your child experiencing any of the following?
- Headaches after reading
- Eyestrain or tired eyes while reading
- Words run together while reading
- Loss of concentration while reading
- Inability to comprehend what you read without rereading
- Avoidance of near work/ reading
- Omit small words when reading
- Skip/repeat lines when reading
- Misalign digits/columns of numbers
- Holds books too close
- Head tilt/close one eye when reading
- Difficulty completing assignments on time
- Poor use of time
- Write up/down hill
- Difficulty copying from the chalkboard
- Poor visual memory- uses auditory or vocalization to assist
- Poor performance on the job or in school
- Intermittent double vision
Having Vision Problems?
Contact the experts at Heartland Eye Consultants.