The Slient Thief of Sight
Expertise, Technology, Dedication
Optometric Low Vision Rehabilitation
SCLERAL CONTACT LENSES
For patients with an irregular surface of the eye.
We Listen, We Find Solutions
Overcoming vision problems
Can build confidence
Enjoy reading these real-life stories
look at their triumphant faces
Heartland Eye Consultants is a regional, specialty eye and vision care center founded in 2006. The practice transitioned to new owners Dr. Will Ferguson and Dr. Holly Ternus in 2018. Heartland Eye Consultants has brought together a team of uniquely trained optometrists, each concentrating on their specific area of expertise, to bring our patients the care they deserve and the explanations and solutions they desire.
Heartland Eye Consultants provides services in these major areas:
- The diagnosis and treatment of ocular disease including glaucoma, macular degeneration, cataracts, diabetic retinopathy, corneal and dry eye disorders, and neurological problems affecting the eyes
- Second opinions on difficult or non-responsive eye problems
- Developmental vision therapy
- Diagnosis of learning related vision problems for children and teens that are experiencing academic failure despite normal intelligence and educational intervention.
- The diagnosis of adult and pediatric binocular vision problems including convergence insufficiency, accommodative infacility, esotropia (“crossed eyes”), exotropia, amblyopia (“lazy eye”) and other neurodevelopmental vision disorders
- Infant vision examinations
- Special needs vision examinations for non-verbal patients, cerebral palsy, Down Syndrome, etc
- Low vision rehabilitation to help patients with macular degeneration, diabetic retinopathy, optic atrophy, and other ocular diseases regain functional vision and more independence