What Is Vision Therapy?
Developmental vision therapy, a type of therapy for the eyes and brain, is a highly effective non-surgical treatment for many common visual complaints. Many patients who have been told “you’ll have to learn to live with it” or “it’s too late” have benefited from vision therapy.
Developmental vision therapy retrains the brain to more efficiently and competently use the 2 eyes together. Vision therapy should not be confused with any self-directed or computerized program of eye exercises that is marketed to the public.
Have You Experienced These Vision Symptoms?
Many children and adults who have visual complaints are told by their eye doctors, “your eyes are healthy, you have 20/20 vision, and there is nothing wrong”, yet they still struggle visually. Are you or your child experiencing any of the following?
- Avoidance of up-close work/reading
- Difficulty completing assignments on time
- Difficulty copying from the chalkboard
- Eye strain or tired eyes while reading
- Headaches after reading
- Head tilting/closing one eye when reading
- Holding books too close
- Inability to comprehend what you read without rereading
- Intermittent double vision
- Loss of concentration while reading
- Misaligning digits/columns of numbers
- Omitting small words when reading
- Poor performance on the job or in school
- Poor use of time
- Poor visual memory (uses auditory or vocalization to assist)
- Skipping/repeating lines when reading
- Words run together while reading
- Write up/downhill
Our Vision Therapy Program
Our vision therapy program incorporates many types of specialized treatment and/or medical equipment, such as:
- Computer software
- Electronic targets with timing mechanisms
- Eye patches or occluders
- Prescription lenses
- Optical filters
- Therapeutic lenses
- Vestibular (balance) equipment
Start Vision Therapy with Our Team Today
Please contact us if you or your child has experienced any vision symptoms or feel you might benefit from vision therapy. Our knowledgeable team can assess your vision needs and help develop a plan to improve your vision. Get in touch today.
Vision therapy is an effective, non-surgical, doctor-supervised treatment that retrains the brain and eyes to work together more efficiently. Rather than compensate for vision problems, vision therapy aims to treat and correct the visual system itself. Discover how we can help you or your child overcome vision problems and build a greater sense of confidence.
What do you want for Christmas? Too soon a question? Not for Aeric, he already knows he wants BOOKS! Thank you, Dr. Annette Astuto, for your referral that allowed us to help Aeric succeed.
Rowan is playing ball at the top of his game thanks to his work in vision therapy. Dr. Toelle, we thank you for your referral! His parents are now believers that vision therapy works!
He got his Scleral Contact Lenses! Have you been told you can never wear contact lenses? James found out that is not always true, and he has a great story to tell you about his journey into scleral contact lenses.
We’re located just off Nicholas Street across from Westroads Mall. If you have trouble finding us, please give us a call at 402-493-6500.
- 9900 Nicholas St, Suite #250
- Omaha, NE 68114
- Phone: 402-493-6500
- Fax: 402-493-4370
Hours of Operation
- Monday: 8:15 AM – 5:15 PM
- Tuesday: 9:00 AM – 5:15 PM
- Wednesday: 8:15 AM – 5:15 PM
- Thursday: 8:15 AM – 5:15 PM
- Friday: 8:15 AM – 5:15 PM
- Saturday: Closed
- Sunday: Closed