Rejuvenating Intense Pulsed Light Treatments
Intense pulsed light (IPL) is a noninvasive treatment that targets several skin concerns. Whether you’re looking to reduce sun damage, minimize fine lines and wrinkles, or improve your skin tone, IPL can provide remarkable results.
At Heartland Eye Consultants, we offer IPL photofacial treatments tailored to address your specific needs and goals. During your consultation, our knowledgeable staff will assess your skin condition and recommend a personalized treatment plan.
Ready to rejuvenate your skin and reveal a radiant you? Contact us today to schedule your IPL photofacial treatment in Omaha.
What Is an IPL Photofacial Treatment?
IPL photofacial treatments harness light energy to help rejuvenate your skin. By delivering controlled pulses of light to targeted areas, IPL stimulates collagen production and helps address many skin concerns.
Areas of hyperpigmentation, such as freckles, sunspots, or blood vessels, absorb the intense light energy, causing them to break down.
What Can IPL Photofacials Treat?
These versatile treatments can address several skin concerns, such as:
- Hyperpigmentation: IPL helps fade dark spots, age spots, and other types of hyperpigmentation, giving your skin a more even tone.
- Rosacea: IPL can reduce the redness and inflammation of rosacea, creating a more comfortable and even complexion.
- Acne scars: IPL can minimize the appearance of acne scars by promoting collagen production and improving skin texture.
- Sun damage: IPL can help diminish sunspots and photoaging effects caused by excessive sun exposure.
- Spider veins: IPL can target small blood vessels on the face, reducing the appearance of spider veins and improving the look of your skin.
- Fine lines and wrinkles: By stimulating collagen production, IPL can help improve the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles, leaving you with firmer and smoother skin.
What to Expect from an IPL Photofacial Treatment
We want you to feel informed and confident about the IPL photofacial process. Here’s what you can expect during your treatment:
- Consultation: We’ll begin with a consultation to assess your skin condition and discuss your goals. Our team will take the time to understand your concerns and develop a personalized treatment plan.
- Preparation: Before the treatment, our staff will cleanse your skin and apply a cooling gel to comfort your skin throughout the procedure. We’ll also give you protective eyewear to shield your eyes from the intense light.
- Treatment: During the IPL session, our technician will gently move a handheld device over the targeted areas of your skin. You may feel a warm sensation or a mild snapping as the pulses of light are delivered, but most people find the treatment tolerable.
- Duration: The duration of each IPL session depends on the size of the treatment area but typically lasts between 15 and 30 minutes. You can visit us for an IPL treatment during your lunch break and get right back to work! The number of sessions required varies based on your specific concerns and desired results, which will be discussed during your initial consultation.
IPL Photofacial FAQs
How Many IPL Photofacial Treatments Do I Need?
The number of IPL photofacial treatments you’ll need will vary depending on your skin concerns and desired results. In most cases, a series of 3–6 treatments spaced about 4 weeks apart is recommended for optimal outcomes.
Are There Side Effects of IPL?
IPL photofacial treatments are generally safe and well-tolerated. However, like any cosmetic procedure, there can be some potential side effects, including temporary redness, mild swelling, or a slight darkening of the treated areas. These side effects are typically mild and subside within a few hours or days.
Our team will discuss potential side effects with you during your consultation and provide you with instructions on how to minimize any discomfort.
How Often Should I Have an IPL Photofacial?
The frequency of IPL photofacial treatments depends on your individual needs and goals. Treatments are about 4 weeks apart to allow your skin time to heal and rejuvenate between sessions. Our team will assess your progress and make recommendations based on your unique situation to ensure you achieve the best possible results.
Is an IPL Photofacial Worth It?
Absolutely! IPL photofacial treatments can be highly beneficial for those seeking to improve the appearance of various skin concerns, such as sun damage, age spots, rosacea, and uneven skin tone. Not only can IPL help address these issues, but it can also stimulate collagen production, resulting in smoother, healthier-looking skin.
Ultimately, whether an IPL photofacial is worth it depends on your personal goals and expectations.
What Does an IPL Photofacial Feel Like?
IPL photofacial treatments can feel like mild stinging or snapping on your skin as the pulses of light are delivered. However, most people find the treatment quite tolerable and report minimal discomfort. Our team applies a cooling gel to the treated area to help ensure your comfort and may use a topical numbing cream if needed.
If you have any concerns about the sensation during the treatment, don’t hesitate to discuss it with our staff.
Vision therapy is an effective, non-surgical, doctor-supervised treatment that retrains the brain and eyes to work together more efficiently. Rather than compensate for vision problems, vision therapy aims to treat and correct the visual system itself.
Discover how we can help you or your child overcome vision problems such as strabismus and amblyopia, and build a greater sense of confidence. Take our vision therapy quiz today!
What do you want for Christmas? Too soon a question? Not for Aeric, he already knows he wants BOOKS! Thank you, Dr. Annette Astuto, for your referral that allowed us to help Aeric succeed.
Rowan is playing ball at the top of his game thanks to his work in vision therapy. Dr. Toelle, we thank you for your referral! His parents are now believers that vision therapy works!
He got his Scleral Contact Lenses! Have you been told you can never wear contact lenses? James found out that is not always true, and he has a great story to tell you about his journey into scleral contact lenses.
We’re located just off Nicholas Street across from Westroads Mall. If you have trouble finding us, please give us a call at 402-493-6500.
- 9900 Nicholas St, Suite #250
- Omaha, NE 68114
- Phone: 402-493-6500
- Fax: 402-493-4370
Hours of Operation
- Monday: 8:15 AM – 5:15 PM
- Tuesday: 9:00 AM – 5:15 PM
- Wednesday: 8:15 AM – 5:15 PM
- Thursday: 8:15 AM – 5:15 PM
- Friday: 8:15 AM – 5:15 PM
- Saturday: Closed
- Sunday: Closed